PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gelöst Beta 2 with new DeepScreen?

true indain
11.09.14, 07:07
Adam is there going to be a beta 2 ?? Its been 2 weeks.And is there going to be a dyna-gen technology with the new deepscreen in the next beta 2?

Merlin
11.09.14, 15:27
Hi,

I moved your post to a separate topic, because it didn't fit into the existing one.

Yes there will be a second beta refresh as well as release candidate(s). The number of refreshs to come depends a little bit on if the new implementations during the beta phase run well or if there are many bugs to fix. Furthermore there will be an updated version of the sandboxing and analyzing feature (DeepScreen). The reason why there was such a delay from the original announcement is simply that there were unforeseen complications during the development. Please be patient until the next beta refresh will be released. I will not give an ETA here, because as you already noticed (also in the past), those are just optimistic estimations which can hit a delay. I doesn't make sense to push developers or anyone else to get an ETA. Please also consider that this is not the release of a new cancer healing wonder, but just a software version release. I understand that people are eager to check out new stuff, however there is no reason to rush (well maybe except for marketing reasons, but that's a different story).

Please also note that we're just a distributor of avast! products, so official announcements regarding features and ETA will be made on the official avast! channels only and are only reliable when coming from those sources. We are just telling here, what we learn from our almost daily contact to avast! developers, supporters and other avast! staff (if we're allowed to do so). However as far as I am informed everything I told you above has been stated by the official sources already anyway, so I can only repeat myself and tell you that you should just wait for the next beta refresh.

true indain
11.09.14, 18:18
Thanks Adam! Looking forward to test out the new technologies. ;)

Steven Winderlich
11.09.14, 18:23
Are you True Ind (True Indian) from the Avast Web Forum? :)

You know me from there.

Im also waiting for Beta 2, might get a Youtube Vieo up since i have better internet now.

true indain
11.09.14, 18:25
Yup Steven got me right!

Steven Winderlich
11.09.14, 18:26
Well this is an german forum, but no big deal.

I posted a link to this topic on the Beta post in the Avast Web Forum.

Merlin
11.09.14, 19:58
Hi,

Well this is an german forum, but no big deal.

it's no big deal to ask on English here, though we are trying to keep everything on German for the sake of our German users who dont't speak English. We will answer those questions as well.

Please also note that we're just a distributor of avast! products, so official announcements regarding features and ETA will be made on the official avast! channels only and are only reliable when coming from those sources. We are just telling here, what we learn from our almost daily contact to avast! developers, supporters and other avast! staff (if we're allowed to do so).

However as far as I am informed everything I told you above has been stated by the official sources already anyway, so I can only repeat myself and tell you that you should just wait for the next beta refresh. It's coming for sure and no one will die if it takes some days or even weeks longer than originally announced. You may ask yourself if you want something stable or something rushed, because users pushed too hard. I personally prefer the first option ;) I mean what purpose should it have to delay the next beta refresh, if there are no really important things still to do. If there are no new announcements, people are most likely busy doing their actual work instead of keeping everyone informed all the time, which consumes also time which is better spent on development. Furthermore as you can see new announcements are causing new questions. Just relax and wait for it.

I will also add a part of this post to the earlier announcement, so no one thinks this is an official answer.

Merlin
17.09.14, 17:29
Hi,

since nobody had questions after my last post, I hereby close the thread as "Solved".